Friday, June 1, 2012

Local Attractions


No, the Prez isn't coming to town although he was here campaigning in 2008 at the World Famous Little 500 bicycle race. And I did shake his hand.... BUT-
This weekend the town I call home, Bloomington, Indiana is hosting an Open Studios Tour to showcase local artists.  It's the first occasion of what we hope will be an annual event. Rather than welcome people in my home to have them stroll into the small spare bedroom that is my studio, I'll be showing and selling work at a third party location. Textillery Weavers has given about eight of us room within their facility to display sculpture, prints and paintings. Several, including myself, will be demonstrating and creating work on the spot. If you're in the area, please stop by.  I'll be showing recent netsuke and some from several years past, as well as a small selection of other carved pieces.

No comments: