I spent my nights this past week working on the new carving. Last week, a friend of mine was kind enough to ask her daughter to pose for a few photographs so I could be sure things were in the right place. Nothing beats a model for reference! The pictures show most of the volumes blocked in. From here, it's gradual refinement with blade tools and then on to the use of scrapers for finer surfaces and details. This is actually the second version of the piece. The first one, started Monday, seemed like it was going well until I realized that the head was not quite in the right position (anatomically) in relation to the shoulders so I had to scrap it and start over. My best boxwood too.