Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flowers

I've got a number of finished piece that have been awaiting photography, but I had a technical hitch with my camera and finally got that resolved this week.  Just in time too!  I'm going to be having a very busy month or two coming up.  First off- my local town of Bloomington, Indiana is hosting an Open Studios event with something like 40 artists participating.  I'm sharing an exhibit space with six others at a local venue.  Everything you need to know about the event this coming weekend can be found here: Bloomington Open Studios Tour.  After that, I'm off to London for a week for the International Netsuke Society Convention to meet up with old friends and new, attend some lectures, and hopefully sell some artwork. Finally- in June I'll be in Japan for a couple of weeks touring with my wife, seeing friends, and getting some artistic inspiration.

So, here's the first of a couple of new items.  It's carved from warthog tusk, with inlaid accents in mother of pearl.  It measures about 9cm in length.




The work fits in nicely with an on-going look into flower blooms for subject matter, as well as exploring the carving possibilities of a new material.

No comments: